Partners In Design

6.22.2007

Marvel Masterpieces

Back when I was in grammar school, my entire class was obsessed with collecting cards. While other people were into Power Rangers and Pog, we were into X-Men cards. So I was looking back at my collection, and I was thinking to myself that these cards were really well illustrated. Unfortunately, I stopped collecting them by the time I entered the 5th grade or so, but I managed to complete my collections for the '92 and '93 bunch (for the exception of a few hologram cards...). So here are some of my favorite cards from the collection (there are more that I love, but I don't want to touch them too much. I have a few that have dented corners). I was going to propose a challenge using these as inspiration, but Laz beat me to it! Maybe in the near future ;-)

4 comments:

Shalimar said...

Oh man. MEMORIES of the way we were. Well after this challenge, i am totally into this idea.

Laz said...

It is soooo crazy to see these.. I remember there being a time where it was your life's mission to save up and buy trading cards with the X-Men on it.. and the art was soooo amazing on most of them. I remember having my favorite characters every year and placing the in the card holders according to character.. they were so much fun.. too bad they don't make them as much anymore..

Although i was almost tempted to buy the "Hollywood Zombies" Cards... those were fun looking.. You have dibbs on next week's challenge!

Alexandra said...

Next week's challenge, here we come! Heehee.

Ernesto said...

cool, I had no idea y'all were into these. so crazy......