Partners In Design

11.01.2006

Kevin Federline... The Artist

Considering this is an Art Blog, I figure, we should pay respect to all "artists"

So in that regard, I'd like you all to read this article, and please try not to laugh...

Britney Spears Goes Incognito to Kevin's Party

Britney Spears made sure not to steal the spotlight from husband Kevin Federline as he celebrated the release of his debut album, Playing With Fire, on Tuesday.

Spears donned a pink wig and oversized white sunglasses at the after-party in Hollywood, where she blended in perfectly with the Halloween night revelers, the rapper's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

Earlier in the evening, Federline performed his song "Privilege" on L.A.'s KIIS 102.7 FM stage at the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval to kick off his promotional tour. But before going onstage, he admitted that the demands of his fledging career mean he's spending less time with his family – but, he says, his pop star wife is understanding.

"She's really supportive of what I'm doing, she knows I've been working on this for a long time," Federline told PEOPLE. "It's going to be tough because I'm not going to see my family as much as I want to, but I mean, those are the sacrifices you make as an artist."

Spears is busy taking off the baby weight, and has been especially supportive of his CD promotion, Federline said. "She's good, man. She's getting back in shape. Hopefully she'll come meet up with me tonight over at my album release party," he told PEOPLE before the event.

Though there have been reports that Federline's concerts have suffered from low ticket sales, the rapper says he's not expecting to sell out stadium shows like his megastar wife.

"I don't care if it's a room full of nine, five, nine people. I don't care if there's one person. I'll perform for you," he said. "I'm a rookie artist, you can't expect because of my name to sell out a show. People don't know me as Kevin Federline, the artist. They know me as Kevin Federline, the dude that's married to Britney Spears."

He added, "Eventually that will change. Once I start building up, doing events like this, showing crowds of people that I can get them turned on and hype, that's what I do."

Granted, he said, that may take time, but "it's all worth it. This is like my pet project. I've been working on it for a year and a half. Just to put it out there and not do anything about it would not be acceptable to me. … I'm just another artist that's having to pay his dues."

Ok, I lied, I hope you laughed... because i did.

No comments: