Partners In Design

1.16.2008

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Nick Dewar

I found Nick Dewar's website browsing the Drawn blog a week or so ago. His style is simple, yet his images are strong and the colors he chooses for each illustration makes the images punch you in the face and get you to pay attention. I also enjoy the fact that he has a section in his website where he gives you a step by step process to how he comes up with a finished illustration. I am always intrigued by how artists approach their work and get their end result. And this satisfies me to no end. Here are some of my favorite illustrations from his on-line portfolio:


As for me, I was in the middle of a move this past weekend. Now that I am 30% settled in (most everything is still in boxes and it's hard to live that way), I will try to catch up with my posting responsibilities. Weeee!

No comments: